Sunday, July 26, 2009

My drawing course is almost over...

And I'm going to miss the class. I've really enjoyed this course and have been having visions of artful success! Ah, to create art and to actually sell it to someone who loves it as much as I do, what a dream is that! That is what my goal, but I have a way to go before I get to that point. Everything I produce is still very personal, very much for my own pleasure coming from my heart. I could never part with what I paint, I wonder how you come to the point that you can part with your art.

Here are some of my most recent sketches. I posted these on my Facebook page and got some really positive feedback, which did wonders to bolster my ego, especially during this difficult time in my life.

I hope you enjoy some of my drawings.


every class begins with gesture drawings, here are two I like

skull study in preparation for portraiture

drapery study

2-hour pose

1 comment:

Alex said...

These are GREAT~! I really like the 2-hr portrait, and the skull motive is so interesting :)
The movements of the dancer/girl are very lively!