Saturday, February 16, 2008

...so I'm back...

Life's gotten in the way, as it always does, and I let it. But, today I took hold and finished a painting I started last year. Initially, I was focused on doing a simple still life. Apples on a draped satin fabric. I used a reference photo my son had for a project when he was in high school. It looked simple enough. Not so, when I got to working the draping...then the painting became all about learning to paint draped fabric. Once I got it to look just like I wanted, I couldn't even think about finishing the apples...until today! I'm finished... and I think it looks good. What a great feeling. So, now I've gone downstairs and pulled out four other paintings I started last year and plan on finishing those in the near future.


4 comments:

E-J said...

Perhaps you should consider changing the name of your blog, since you don't sound at all frustrated with your output today. :-) Glad to read that you are all fired up to paint again. The red apple is especially good ... Hope to see lots more from you!

Anonymous said...

Good work on the apples and fabric.

I am new to EDM and have a lot to draw.

Unknown said...

Wow beautiful!

Sandy said...

WOW what a gorgeous still life, I never tire of the simple piece of fruit!